Valentines Strawberry Trifle
- 4 cups of fresh strawberries (sliced)
- 1 tbsp. of sugar
- 1 box of Pillsbury Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury Vanilla Icing
- 16 oz of Whipped Cream
- Trifle Bowl
- 1. Bake Pillsbury Strawberry Cake mix according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- 2. Slice one cup of strawberries, top with 1 tbsp. of sugar and mash. Refrigerate while cake is cooking.
- 3. Slice remaining strawberries.
- 4. For the whipped cream you can buy it already whipped or whip your own. To sweeten I added 1/2 a cup of Pillsbury Vanilla Icing to my whipped cream and beat until well combined. Remove half of the whipped cream and combine with your sugared strawberries. I used a food processor to create this strawberry cream.
- 5. Now it's time to layer! In a trifle bowl, crumble 1 pan of your Pillsbury cake in the bottom. Next add whip cream mixture, follow with sliced strawberries, and then strawberry cream. Repeat with cake, strawberries and top with remaining whipped cream and strawberries.